Monday, May 10, 2010

From Crappy To Great

I decided Thursday that Saturday was going to be crappy.

On Saturday morning I ran into someone at the YMCA pool. I hadn't seen him in ages. He made the mistake of asking me how I was doing. I was bound and determined to invite him to my "pity party". I began my rant: "Well, it's gonna be one hell of a Saturday. I just left my group at church and right now my son is trying out to be a junior lifeguard. If he does well we'll need to drive all the way to the beach to sign him up for lifeguard camp and then I've got to take him to his "Annie" musical practice. I'll only get an hour break and then my wife and I are taking our son to his swim team banquet. The damn banquet is supposed to go on for 3 to 4 hours. Man, Monday is going to come and I'm going to wonder where in the hell my weekend went!"

The man I hadn't seen in ages stood in front of me and let me finish my "pity party" tirade. Then he looked at me and said, "Mike, the sun is shining, it's a beautiful day, you get to spend an entire day with your son and celebrate his accomplishments. You have a beautiful wife. Wow, you've got a lot to be thankful for. You are a very blessed man. It's good to see you Mike. Sounds like you've got a great day ahead of you. I've gotta go. See you soon. I can't wait to enjoy this glorious day!" He smiled, shook my hand and walked away.

God spoke to Moses from a burning bush. God spoke to me on Saturday morning through a man at the YMCA pool. Through him I heard God say to me loud and crystal clear, "Mike, be thankful for what you have and would you please surrender that negative attitude of yours to ME! I'll be glad to put it where the sun doesn't shine. That crappy attitude you're packing around is not benefiting you or anyone you love. One other thing. I love you."

On Thursday I decided that Saturday was going to be crappy. On Saturday I decided to surrender my crappy, negative attitude and give it to God. It's amazing. Something happened after I surrendered. Saturday wasn't even close to crappy. God showed me just how great Saturday and everyday can be if I simply take the time to remember all of the things that He has given to me.

See the photo below. That's my son after he received his award at the swim team banquet. That doesn't look crappy to me. It looks great!

4 comments:

  1. :D

    ♫ Blessed be Your name ...♪

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us useful information to work on. You have done a wonderful job!


    Feel free to surf to my blog weight loss methods

    ReplyDelete