Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Alone

Lonely is a freedom that breathes easy and weightless.

Society is afraid of alone.

Lonely is healing if you make it.

I've been feeling alone and lonely lately. It just got worse. I just found out where Becky and my son will be living after they leave Florida and move to Washington state in a few months. It hurts a little bit more when I found out that she'll be living with the couple that introduced us to each other almost 14 years ago. I'm going to need to get use to being alone. I know what you Christ followers are saying, "Mike, you're never alone. God is always with you!" I know. I know. But tonight I feel alone. This is one of those moments where I can easily do something stupid because it hurts too much to deal with reality. Please God help me deal with being alone and heal my heart. Don't worry. I won't do anything stupid tonight.

Funny how God works. Just moments ago he led me to a video at the Flower Dust blog. It's another way that God reaches out to me and tells me it's going to be okay. See the video below from a really cool chick named Jamie. The video below is about learning to be alone.



Alone is okay.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine how upsetting it must be to learn your children are moving so far away. I think what you are doing with the blog is great though, and I hope you still try to live one day at a time to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete