Friday, August 6, 2010

I'm Thankful Today

Today I am thankful. I am thankful that Jenn and Lou invited me over to their home. I am thankful that Lou made me eggs and sausage for dinner. I am thankful that I didn't stop at a bar on the way home. I am thankful that my brother and my sister called me. I am thankful that I will be going to my grandson's first birthday party.

My brother said something to me in a text yesterday. He said,"Mike, remember what made each day good." Today I'm going to remember all of the things I am thankful for. There is another thing I am thankful for today. My son is coming home Sunday. I am thankful for this great picture of him.



What are you thankful for? What made yesterday good? What made today good?

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome picture.

    What an awesome reminder from your brother.

    Today started good because of knowing you are doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful that we have you in our lives. Don't ever forget what a special person you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful you are hanging in there.

    I'm thankful God hasn't given up on you.

    I'm thankful God hasn't given up on me.

    I'm thankful we serve a God who has walked in our shoes. I don't understand what you are going through, because I've never been divorced. But God does, because He Himself is a divorcee (Jer. 3:8). Like you, I am naturally a "downer." But Jesus is the Man of sorrows. I, too, feel all alone at times. But Jesus knows what it is like to be rejected, abandoned, betrayed, and all alone in His hour of need.

    I'm thankful that, through Christ, I am slowly learning to be positive and optimistic.

    I'm thankful that one day, I will get to see Jesus face to face in Heaven. When my wife was pregnant with our first child, I just couldn't wait to finally get to look upon my child with my own eyes, to see what she looked like. I have spent a lot of time reading and thinking about Jesus, but the thing I most look forward to when I get to Heaven is when I finally get to see Him.

    I'm thankful that I survived a whole day of shopping for school supplies (my oldest is about to start kindergarten).

    I'm thankful there were some Excedrin tablets waiting for me at home when we finished shopping.

    I'm thankful for air conditioning (it was really hot).

    ReplyDelete