Saturday, December 18, 2010

Are We Serving His Target Audience?

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’-- Matthew 25:40


I worked in the world of radio promotions and marketing. If you wanted to stay at the top of the ratings heap you needed to know who your target audience was. For example, back in the old days, if you were an Adult Contemporary radio station your target audience was women 25-54. Every song you played, every contest and every event was designed to serve your target audience.

While Jesus walked this earth he had a target audience. Who were they? Thieves, murderers, prostitutes, adulterers, the sick, the crippled, the dying, the lame, the lonely, the hurting, the hopeless, the discouraged and those that had been kicked to the curb. Everything Jesus did was all about intentionally serving his target audience.

Are you and I serving, loving and reaching the target audience of Jesus?







“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’-- Matthew 25:45

The photos above were taken today at an event designed to serve "the least of these" organized and inspired by my pastors and friends Ray and Susan Kelley from the Daytona Outreach Center. Thanks to my friend Christie Hyde for taking photos today.

5 comments:

  1. great post and what a blessed day it was for everyone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bromeo, you inspire me. If we only knew how far Jesus came down when He came to Earth, we would ALL know that every single last stinkin' one of us is "the least of these."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you were blessed to be a part of this event. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us. You make me want to get out there.

    ReplyDelete