Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Plan Wasn't His Plan



MY plan was to clean MY apartment, make some dinner, watch a movie and go to bed early. That was MY plan. God had something else in mind.

I knew MY plan wasn't playing out the way I planned when my homeless friend Norm rode up to my window on his bike. God's plan was about Norm and not about me focusing on MY plan.

Norm was hungry. I fed him pizza. Norm was sad and upset about the loss of a friend. I listened to him. Norm was excited about the playoff game. I let him watch TV.

During a break in the game, Norm told me about a conversation he had with his sister who lives in Delaware. She asked Norm to move to Delaware. Norm told me that he didn't want to go and then he said, "I like Florida plus I would miss you Mike. You're my friend." A few minutes later my homeless friend Norm fell asleep in the recliner.

When MY plan was changed by God's plan I grumbled and complained. But after a homeless man shared his heart, I realized that God's plan was the best plan.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -- Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

  1. You are truly a man after God's own heart. Let's connect.
    FB: facebook.com/beaucarlisle

    ReplyDelete