"People may forget what you say, people may forget what you do, but they will never forget how you made them feel"
See photo above. It's my son Devon and his teacher.
Today was the first day of school for Devon. He's started 3rd grade today. It was the first time that I met his teacher. I was only at Devon's school for just a few minutes this morning. I quickly noticed that Devon's teacher made everyone FEEL important, welcome and relaxed. That's amazing for the first day of school. How do you make people feel? If you are a church or a business you should read the post below. It came from the blog: Customer Collective.
You know the feeling. You experience something so amazing, that you can’t help but tell someone about it. Pause for a second, and recall when you last felt that way about a customer/visitor experience you had…
…ok, that’s the feeling you are trying to achieve for ALL of your customers/visitors. Every day. How? Every member of your organization MUST ask these questions each day:
- What are you doing – with every decision and action – to make your customers/visitors have a wow experience?
- What was it about their experience with you that was and is memorable? Do you know what you want your customers/visitors to feel?
- Will they tell people in their circle about you?
- And if so, what will be the story they talk about?
- Are your employees/congregation/members/leaders EMPOWERED to do to make the customer/visitor experience one to remember?
Challenge yourself and your organization with these five questions EVERY day. I promise that I will. We all need to do this, even the best of us. In fact, it’s the best of us that ARE asking those questions. And taking action on the brainstorms they generate from that discussion.What are some things you are doing to make your customers/visitors say “wow”?