Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Focus On Who You Are

Owly Images

I started a food fast on Monday. Liquids only. I finished my food fast at 530 tonight. I felt like I actually learned something of value. This morning I received the text below from a friend:

"Focus on who you are Mike, a child of God, a child of the Living God. No person, no woman, no man, has the power to heal you. Jesus loves you Mike. You must open yourself up to Him in a way you never have before. You must let go of false and empty promises and take hold of true Life."

For as long as I can remember, I've determined my value based solely on what my friends, enemies and family thought of me. If they loved me, liked me or were happy with me, my life was good. My life was crap if they didn't approve of me or what I was doing.

Here is what I learned during my fast. I'm not what people think of me. Everyday I need to hang my hat on the text message my friend sent to me:

"Focus on who you are Mike, a child of God, a child of the Living God."

No comments:

Post a Comment